There is this one place in China that I would go as many times as I can and never get bored. Lijiang-located in Yunnan province-is one of the Top 10 Must See Destinations in China ranked by foreigners. 

Speaking of Lijiang, the first thing comes to my mind is the Ancient town Lijiang (Address: Gu Cheng Qu Jin Hong Lu Da Shui Che).

With a history of more than 1300 years, it now becomes a commercial town where you can buy all kinds of souvenirs made by local residents and have delicious food such as Dong Ba Roast Fish and Ji Dou Liang Fen (a kind of noodle). Although there are many different restaurants in the ancient town, my favorite place to enjoy these food is at Xiao Chi Jie-a street in the town known for its good-looking and tasty food. Unlike other restaurants, the street consists of several food stands where you can see various food displayed in front of you.

In the daytime, you can see tourists taking photos everywhere and hear the music from Hu Lu Si (a Chinese traditional instrument). People here live a slow life, no hurries to catch the 7 o’clock bus, no worries to lose millions of dollars. Everyone finds his or hers own way to enjoy life here. At night, it turns into a big bar where people would sit in different sections and listen to the singers singing different genres of songs. Sometimes, you may even see groups of strangers singing with each other. They would team up and sing against other teams. It’s fun to watch, but you probably don’t want to join it if you know only 10 songs as I do. By the way, if you are interested in staying late there, I highly recommend a place called Yi Mi Yang Guang. Besides the fact that they have great drinks and food, all waiters there know English and are very easy-going.
The food sounds quite amazing, and I'm a huge fan of real chinese food. Any suggestions on anywhere I could try Ji Dou Liang Fen in the USA?
ReplyDeleteI didn't find one yet. But you may probably find one in Flushing.
DeleteI never had chance to visit Lijiang when I was in Yunnan. But it seems like a fun place to stay. Do you think the ancient town in Lijiang is similar to the one in Shangri-La? I love staying up all night watching people singing and dancing. For you, do you like the daytime in Lijiang or the night time?
ReplyDelete