Another thing you must do in Lijiang is to visit
Mount Yulong. Its highest peak Shanzidou, with an elevation of 18,360ft, is
covered with snow all year long. It is now fully developed into a tourist
attraction with hotels and restaurants close by.
People are welcomed to visit one of the peaks
here called Yunshanping, and see the world from above if weather allows.
There’s snow up there, so bring your winter coat or pay $20 to rent a coat up
there. How do you get there? Great question! People are so smart that they even
built ropeway ($30 per person for a roundtrip) for those who hate wasting time
in climbing the mountain step by step. This is what unbelievable about human
intelligence and modern technology—the ropeway goes from 11,010ft to 14,783ft
with no stops in between.
This is the fastest way for people who are not frightened by
its 3,772ft-vertical-height-difference. For people who are scared and who still
wants to save some time, there is another way to do it—horseback riding. But
don’t think it’s easy. First, it usually costs a fortune to rent a horse, about
$100. Second, you need to remember that you are reaching a point with an
altitude of 14,783ft, on a horseback! I didn’t do the horseback riding when I
was there, so I can’t really say things bad about it. But lucky as I was, the
weather was extremely well that day, and I not only got to see the city from
above but also took in some fresh and cold air.


OMG, I am really excited for the horseback riding part to get on the mountains! Also, the ropeway sounds so cool, It's like you're saving time but you also enjoy the nature beauty! So, what season do you suggest to visit Mount Yulong? When did you visit there?
ReplyDeleteWell, I suggest going there in spring because that's the most beautiful season there, I think. And people are not crowded.
DeleteThat's smart! And summer in Yunnan might be too hot cause it's in the south. Did you had chance to live in hotels that can see Mount Yulong? That's one of my dreams next time I visited Yunnan.
Delete